- Anti Aging Medicine
- Assisted Living All Forms
Cardiovascular Disease Cardiology
- Warning: High Cholesterol!
- Cardiovascular Diseases: Consultation
- Cardiovascular Disease Complications
- Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Angina Pectoris
- Are You A Heart Attack Risk?
- Heart Disease and Treatment
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Pacemakers and Internal Defibrillators
- Valvular Heart Disease
- Ventricular Fibrillation
- Heart Attack
- Q and A for Your Doctor
- Chiropractic Care
- Emergency Medicine
- Family and Internal Medicine
- Gynecology & Obstetrics
- Infectious Disease
Kidney Urology Nephrology
- Q and A for Your Doctor
- Kidney Disease
- Kidney Cancer
- Kidney Infection and Bladder Infection
- What Are Kidney Stones
- Kidney Pain, Kidney Infection, Stones, UPJ Obstruction?
- Overactive Bladder
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Selecting an Orthopedic Joint Surgeon
- Selecting a Back Pain Doctor
- Q and A for Your Back and Neck Doctor
- Selecting Your Orthopedic Spine Surgeon
- Arthritis Symptoms and Therapies
- Spinal Injury and Conditions
- Personal Injury Emergency Orthopedics
- Orthopedic Injury Follow Up
- Find a Plastic Surgeon
- Breast Surgery
- Body Contouring
- Facial Rejuvenation
- Male Makeover
- Mommy Makeover
- Plastic Surgery Anxiety Busters
- Pulmonary Disease
- Senior Care
- Skin Care and Dermatology
- Sleep Medicine
- Vision and Ophthalmology
- Vascular Surgery
- Healthy Living Features
- Weight Loss Surgery and Bariatrics
- Anti-Aging Giveaways
A Hemorrhagic Stroke is an emergency in which 911 is best to call to direct you to a designated Stroke Center when possible. This type of stroke occurs as the result of a weakened blood vessel that eventually cannot bear the brunt of gushing blood and ruptures into the surrounding areas of the brain. Blood seeps out and starts accumulating in the brain area. There are two types of the hemorrhagic stroke; Intracerebral and subarachnoid hemorrhage.
Treatment for Hemorrhagic Stroke
Your emergency room attendants must act swiftly to address the needs of any stroke victim, In the case of a Hemorrhagic Stroke, the pressure inside the brain is measured using a Ventriculostomy tube inserted into the part of the brain called the ventricle before commencing treatment. Then, the following treatment may apply, including but not necessarily limited to:
- A Mechanical ventilator is used to bring down the pressure to a safer limit.
- Medication, such as, Sugar mannitol is given to reduce intercranial pressure.
- In order to release the compression in the brain tissue, the skull bone is opened.
- A clot may require immediate removal or the clot is reabsorbed in the body itself.
The outcome from surgery depends upon a variety of factors that you should specifically address with the attending and referral physicians. Many survive Intracerebral Stroke, but quality of life may be limited due to select disabilities.
Rehabilitation may be part of the overall treatment plan and may optimize the outcome. Roughly 25% of the people who have Intracerebral Stroke improve significantly in the long run. People who suffered from bleeding aneurysms may be more likely to have to cope with long-term neurological problems. Sometimes, untreated aneurysms remain in the body even after surgery and 50% bleed within 6 months. Therefore, you may plan ahead to soften the burden. This may include evaluating the following promptly because the stroke victim may be discharged before you feel you have adequate time to make well informed decisions about aftercare needs.
Medical Providers with a Q and A
It is important to recognize that medications and medical procedures are associated with benefits and risks that should be discussed with your physician. It is important to recognize that all information contained on this website cannot be considered to be specific medical diagnosis, medical treatment, or medical advice. As always, you should consult with a physician regarding any medical condition.Your Health Access disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this information.